Lockheed Martin will continue making the F-16 fighter in 2023.

As the US manufacturer prepares to build a new factory to accommodate the aircraft assembly line, production was temporarily halted in 2018. As one of the most popular fighters in the industry US military aircraft, with 4,604 built, the iconic F-16 Fighting Falcon will be mass-produced by Lockheed Martin starting next year, the manufacturer’s chief financial officer, Jesus Malave, disclosed to Reuters.

Production of the aircraft was halted in 2018 at Lockheed Martin’s headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, making room for the new F-35 fighter assembly line, which became the focus of the facility. In the meantime, the US company has set up a new factory in Greenville, South Carolina, to continue production of the F-16. The facility opened last year.

According to Malave, the first examples of the new batches of the F-16 (Block 70/72) will be delivered in 2024. The company still has a backlog of almost 130 orders for the fighter from various customers, including the air forces of Bahrain, Taiwan, Slovakia – other potential buyers are Bulgaria and Jordan.

The resumption of production of the F-16 scheduled for 2023 will take place with about a year delay. According to Lockheed Martin’s CFO, the delay was due to difficulty in hiring the new workforce and training employees, which he called a “small challenge” for the company beyond what was expected. “There’s a lot of interest in the aircraft,” Malave said, adding that the unit in Greenville should likely be able to finish up to three F-16s a month.

Originally designed by General Dynamics, the F-16 first flew nearly 50 years ago, on January 20, 1974, in what might be considered an “accidental takeoff”. In 1993, the program was taken over by the then Lockheed Corporation, which would later change its name to Lockheed Martin, after merging with the Martin Marietta Corporation in 1995. Currently, the fighter is in service in 25 countries.

Related Posts

Breaking news: Taylor Swift caused a stir on social media after criticizing Elon Musk, telling directly him. -mino

Recent reports have highlighted a series of interactions between pop superstar Taylor Swift and tech mogul Elon Musk, sparking widespread discussion on social media. However, there is…

BREAKING NEWS: Paris Jackson, Michael Jackson’s only daughter, finally spoke out after 20 years of silence. And our suspicions were right… -mino

Paris Jackson has been a superstar all her life despite being only 24 years old and the second daughter of iconic musician Michael Jackson. Paris has endured…

SAD NEWS: 40 minutes ago in Texas, it was confirmed that Justin Bieber’s ex-girlfriend, Selena Gomez, has… see more -mino

In a breaking news story from Texas just 40 minutes ago, Selena Gomez, the singer, actress, and ex-girlfriend of pop sensation Justin Bieber, is back in the…

BREAKING: A polar bear attacks a 32-year-old woman who jumped into the polar bear enclosure at the Berlin Zoo, leaving her… -tn

A 32-year-old woman suffered a terrifying, life-threatening experience after jumping into the polar bear enclosure at Berlin Zoo. The shocking incident left visitors and staff stunned as…

BREAKING: David Beckham’s 17-year-old daughter Harper is said to be pregnant – But more shocking than the baby’s real father is… -tn

Every pareпt has a differeпt way of showiпg affectioп to their child. Compared to hυggiпg or caressiпg, kissiпg a child oп the lips receives mixed opiпioпs. For…

Shocking news: Elon Musk responded to Taylor Swift with a stormy 8-word message: “You should focus on having…” -tn

In a recent social media exchange that garnered widespread attention, Elon Musk responded to Taylor Swift’s political endorsement with a controversial message: “Fine, Taylor… you win… I’ll…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *